February 16, 2008

Thai 101 turns 101

I've never been big on new year's resolutions. And the only one I kinda sorta made this year didn't even occur to me until a week into 2008, so I don't know if it counts. The resolution was to post more regularly on this blog.

So far I've been doing well. My last post was number 100, which means this is my 101st post. I feel like there should be some kind of celebration or contest or something. Alas, there's not. I started Thai 101 not quite ten months ago, so my posting average is about twice a week, which was my goal from the beginning. The subtitle of the blog has always been "Thoughts on Thai language, media, and culture", so I've branched out to include more media and culture beyond my (possibly unhealthy) obsession with the Thai language.

And since the new year, the number of regular readers has increased quite a bit, which is nice. One of the best parts of blogging is the interaction with other people and their blogs. I welcome all comments and links and tips. If there were a way to send home baked cookies via email, I'd welcome those, too.
I know the anarchic freedom of the blog format causes me to neglect certain features, and seemingly never finish some series I've started. I have a couple dozen posts hanging halfway written at any given moment, and I go back and finish one or another of them haphazardly. I'll try to wrap up loose ends. All said, I'm proud of making it into the triple digits.

Thank you, everyone, for participating. Let's all keep at it.

2 comments:

  1. Rikker,

    I haven't read through your whole blog. Do you have a post anywhere about how you started learning Thai and what your course of study has been?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, I don't think there is. I'll try to write one.

    ReplyDelete